Radisson Hotel Group announces a transition in its African leadership team with the appointment of Bert Fol as Regional Director for Africa, focusing on English Speaking Africa.
Fol, a hospitality veteran with 30+ years’ experience in the hospitality industry, worked for some of the largest and most prestigious global hotel chains before joiningRadisson Hotel Group in January 2014 as Cluster General Manager of the Radisson Blu Hotel, Bucharestand Park Inn by Radisson Bucharest. In addition to his role as General Manager, Fol also had hotels in Turkey reporting to him in his capacity as District Director.
Since 2017, Fol has successfully led Northern Africa and thereafter, the Arabian Peninsula and East Africa as Regional Director. Within his capacity as Regional Director, he will now lead the operations in English-speaking African countries.
“With Bert’s wealth of industry knowledge and his standout leadership qualities, he has made strides for the Group within numerous key markets. I have no doubt that he will be equally successful delivering results in his new area of responsibility,” said Tim Cordon, Area Senior Vice President, Middle East & Africa at Radisson Hotel Group
Nigeria Meet & Greet Briefing Doc
Date: 06 April 2022
Nigeria & West Africa Key Messages:
• As the largest economy of the African continent, Nigeria remains a key market for Radisson Hotel Group as we expand our reach across West Africa.
• Since opening our first hotel in Nigeria in 2011, the Radisson Blu Anchorage Hotel, Lagos V.I. our portfolio has grown to nine properties open and under development in the country, five which are operating in Lagos and Abeokuta and spread across our award-winning upper upscale brand, Radisson Blu, the upscale Radisson brand and the upper midscale brand, Park Inn by Radisson.
• Four properties are currently under development in Abuja and Lagos: Radisson Collection Hotel Ikoyi Lagos, Radisson Collection Hotel Emerald Grand Hotel & Spa, Radisson Blu Hotel Abuja City Centreand Radisson Hotel Abuja Gudu, all scheduled to open by 2025.
• Development strategy: RHG’s objective in Nigeria is to increase our portfolio by at least 50%, by 2025. The prime focus of expansion is the capital city of Abuja, followed by Lagos and Port Harcourt.
• We foresee developing each of our six brands in Nigeria which includes our newest Radisson Individuals brand to support potential conversions
• Today, we have 25 hotels in West Africa, we aim to reach 50 hotels by 2025, which means 5 hotels a year in the next three years.
• These ambitious expansion plans and the success of our hotels in Nigeria, even through difficult periods, such as the COVID-19 pandemic, where our operational hotels in Nigeria continued to be leaders in the market, not only in the country, but in the continent, is only possible because of our wonderful partners and our passionate teams.
Africa Key Messages
• Our African portfolio consists of almost 100 hotels in operation and under development.
• 2022 Objective: To add a dozen hotels and over 2000 rooms to the African portfolio
• 2022 Hotel Openings: 15 hotel openings planned across Africa in countries such as Madagascar, Egypt, Morocco, South Africa, Ghana, South Sudan, Reunion Island and Zambia
• 2025 Objective: To reach 150 hotels by 2025
• We have the largest upscale+ pipeline in Africa
Global Key Messages
• 9-time honoree of the World’s Most Ethical companies
• Radisson Hotels Safety protocol in cooperation with SGS both in Hotels and Meetings & Events
• We are one of the key partners in the WTTC Safe Travels guidelines, now accepted by over 400 destinations
• We target to reduce our carbon footprint by 30% in 5 years and focus on reducing consumption of natural resources, using renewable energy and phasing out single use plastics.
• Radisson Meetings are 100% Carbon neutral & now also Carbon Negative In EMEA
• We are a key partner in the WTTC Global Hotel Sustainability Basics and in the SHA’s Pathway to Net Positive Hospitality
• Over 25 years of ‘Yes I Can’ Service Ethos.
• We are globally connected, proudly inclusive, forward thinking and powered by passion in all we do.
• +10% increase in Women in Leadership since 2019
Nigeria Key Messages
• Radisson Collection Hotel Lagos Ikoyi (168 keys/rooms)
• Radisson Hotel Abuja Gudu (100 keys/rooms)
• Radisson Collection Hotel Emerald Grand Hotel & Spa (250 keys/rooms)
• Radisson Blu Hotel Abuja City Centre (258 keys/rooms)
Total Keys = 776