Here are 10 quick fun facts about Battle of the Sounds – Season 2
- The theme Lockdown Edition came about as a result of the ongoing restriction on social activities and travels due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Battle of the Sounds is a Penta-genre music competition i.e. hosts 5 music genre tournaments. Fuji/Juju/Apala, Reggae/Dancehall, Rap/Trap, Afropop/Afrobeat, and Acapella.
- The biennial music competition is held in November, with actual battle days falling on the weekends of the month i.e. Saturdays and Sundays. This year’s edition will begin on November 7 and end on November 29, 2020.
- Registration of participants is free, however entries submitted by applicants are screened for the selection of actual contestants
- Judges at the competition are usually celebrities or music stars. The 2020 edition will have the likes of Faze, GT da Guitarman, Indomix as judges
- Fan voting is one of the criteria for ranking in the competition. See the competition’s official website; battleofthesounds.com for details of the Judging Criteria
- Contestants are grouped into 8 teams and the ranking is group-based. Final rewards will be presented to the top 3 groups and individual champions in each genre tournament.
- The sum prize for this year’s edition is 1 million naira. With N400,000, N200,000, and N100,000 going to the first, second, and third final groups on the ranking table at the end of the competition. Also, each of the individual champions of the 5 genre tournaments will be given N50,000. While consolation prizes will be given to the tune of N50,000 to selected participants.
- Battle of the Sounds was created by Bizzybody NG. However, it has partnered with outfits including Den Visuals, Festac Online, FestacMag, Mile2Myhood, and other community groups in the last edition.
- This edition will be streamed live on social media platforms, including Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube accounts of the competition. Recorded clips will then be broadcasted on TV by broadcast partners like Nigezie, TVC, Area Ten TV, etc.
So there you go. Those are 10 fun facts about the upcoming Battle of the Sounds Season 2 – Lockdown Edition.