1. It is created by Bizzybody NG, the same outfit that created the Mini Sports Festival Concept tagged AmuwoGames that held its first edition in 2017.
2. It is a month long music contest that will run from November 3-25, 2018. See calendar on www.battleofthesounds.com
3. Five music genres will be contested in. Rap, Afropop, Fuji, Reggae and Acapella
4. Judges and Coaches will be drawn from celebrities living in or that have lived in Amuwo Odofin including: Faze, African China, Indomix, GT da Guitarman, K Peace and more.
5. Prizes summing up to N500,000 naira will be won along with recording deals in this edition.
6. Registration to participate is free. Click here to register: bit.ly/battleofthesounds.
7. This Amuwo Odofin edition is held in partnership with major community outfits like Den Visuals and Management, Digits Sounds, Lumiere Multimedia and so on.
8. Battle of the Sounds competitions will be held outdoor and in 5 locations within Amuwo Odofin. These locations include:
- Golden Tulip,
- Amuwo Odofin Primary School Play Ground,
- JKings Basketball Court in Festac Extension,
- 23 road Basketball Court in Festac Town and
- SuperBee Place also in Festac town.
Details of venues for each competition day can be seen on the competition calendar published on www.battleofthesounds.com
9. Contestants will be grouped into 8 teams to represent their hood. These hoods are,
- Mile 2 zones A,B,C
- Mile 2 zones D,E,F
- Festac Extension
- The Amuwo GRAs
- Festac Town 1st and 7th Avenues
- Festac Town 2nd Avenue
- Festac Town 3rd and 4th Avenues
- Festac Town 5th and 6th Avenues
10. Battle of The Sounds is majorly a community and youth Development project – and a CSR initiative, community and youth Development project – and a CSR initiative